We teach people how to treat us by what we allow.
I was thinking as I was rolling through the car line at my son’s school this morning, watching all the teachers standing at their car line stations retrieving our children from our cars so that they can teach them and take care of them all day for us and I started thinking, wow these are the real rock stars!
There’s a saying that goes something like this, “If you can read this, thank a teacher”
Thank you teachers out there for all the wonderful things you do!!
You are the real stars, the everyday hero’s of our society, and you definitely do not get the credit you deserve!
The Golden Rule. Treat people like you want them to treat you. The Golden Rule. With a bit of effort it’s not that hard to do. The Golden Rule. When you make a mistake, how would you like someone to treat you? When you are feeling ill, what would you want your loved one to do? The Golden Rule.
Follow the Golden Rule.
Don’t treat others in a way you wouldn’t want them treating you.
When I started this blog my aim was to try to stay focused, but, my mind pulls in so many different directions! I think I’ve decided that that’s exactly what this blog will be. It will simply, be. I will allow my mind to pull me in whatever direction it wants to go in, and write about whatever passionately takes hold in my mind, in that moment!
I’ve been contemplating life for the past couple of years. I feel like I’ve grown a great awareness and a very deep connection with my God. He talks to me and he guides me and my intuition has never been stronger!
I’ve learned that I have to get out of my own way if I ever want to accomplish anything! I have never felt more free, more content, more fulfilled in my life, and I’m weeks away from brain surgery.. it is crazy the way things seem to just fall into place, the obviousness of divine intervention, the peace that I feel most days, even whilst in the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced, has cemented that old adage that everything in life happens for a reason. Every heart ache, mistake, missed oppurtunity, all bring me to right here, right now, who I am in this moment.
“This is me. And I am in love with her!”
I have learned to say no to people, people that I love and care about, and for a people pleaser which I have been my whole life, that is extremely hard to do! I stand up for myself now, the way I always stood up for others. I have learned to love people where they’re at, but, I now know that, that does not mean I have to allow them to treat me badly.
I choose to get up each day and believe that there will be good in that day, no matter how I feel and no matter what is happening.
I have allowed God to work in me and make me the person He created me to be!
Getting out of my own way has been the best thing I could have ever done for myself! And it has prepared me for what is coming soon. Every trial, every ache every pain, every hardship, has made me who I am and has gotten me ready for what is to come.
I know there are quite a lot of pictures in this post but you see, I’m very visual. I love the brightness in the color of life and if I can bring a smile to at least one of your faces, then my job is done for the day.
I want to share what Joy I have and give people hope, that no matter what you are going through, you don’t have to be miserable, you don’t have to be ashamed, you don’t have to feel guilty. There is always someone who cares, even if you don’t know them, even when you feel like there is no one. I care, even when I don’t know you, or don’t like you, or really don’t want to *laughs* it is exhausting, but, I always care. I was made that way, and each day I will embrace it more and more.
Be the most authentic version of yourself! Life is to short for anything less!
The pain of life can be unimaginable, but the magnitude of His love for us is immeasurable. And the love so freely given to us, with such sacrifice, should be shared with others. Our world is hurting. Share the burden of this life, comfort, care, LOVE!
A simple act of kindness, even the smallest of things, a smile for instance shared with a stranger in passing, has the power to change that persons whole day!
The way we treat people has a domino affect on the rest of the world! Choose love. Kindness. Humility. We are, none of us, better than the other. In His imagine, for His glory and purpose! Amen!
Shine your light today! This world needs it.
So you’re upset with your significant other, how do you handle it? What is your go-to? Are you closed mouthed and moody? Do you stomp around the house agitated until someone asks you what is wrong? Or are you straight forward, tackling the problem looking for a solution? Are you willing and able?
Do you love the person you are with enough to put yourself out there to find out what is really bothering them? Would you allow yourself to be hurt to learn that you may be the legitimate cause of the problem? I am finding, the older I get, when my husband and I are having disagreements I approached it head-on. I don’t like passive aggressive behavior? It is a waste of time. I used to behave that way. Dreadful. Thankfully, by the grace of God, as I’ve aged I’ve learned that kind of behavior only exasperates the situation, it never helps it. Lying, and saying you’re fine when you’re not will not resolve anything. And holding onto anger only poisons your soul. So why not get over yourself? Talk about it. Put yourself out there and find out what the problem is then together look for a solution, a compromise, because if you really love someone it’s worth the time!
If you really love someone you will take the time to rid yourself of poisonous and negative behaviors that may be destroying your relationship, and if that person really loves you they will do the same.
Always by my side. A little blessing in disguise. Who’d have known a year ago how dear you’d be to me. My tiny fury friend. You are an awesome companion indeed! We almost didn’t bring you home that day..but my heart tugged back to your cage. I’m so thankful I followed my heart that day!
Animals love us in a way that people simply cannot. I am not faulting people, we are all flawed. I am saying, the love of an animal is pure, no motives, except possibly an extra treat, they simply adore us!
I must admit I have never loved an animal the way I love my cat! He always knows when I need him! It may sound crazy to you, but I simply do not care, I believe the good Lord placed Smokey in my life for a purpose. There’s a reason my heart would not let me leave that shelter without him. He makes me smile 😃 he loves on me when I cry 😢 and he rarely leaves my side.
If you suffer from a chronic illness/chronic pain, I highly recommend, from experience, that you find yourself a pet! One that fills your heart and brings you Joy!
We don’t have to suffer alone💜
The Lord takes us through many seasons in our lives. From abundance to famine; from much too little; He shows us, teaches us, that threw it all the only thing that we need is our confidence in Him; with him there’s nothing we cannot accomplish as long as it is a part of His will.
My faith has been shaken many times throughout my life, through it all one thing is certain, there is one thing I hold true to, the Lord has brought me through all of it and the things that He has taken me through have made me the person I am today. You may be going through trials right now; find the lesson in them, learn it so that you never have to go back to that place again. Maybe you are in a time of abundance; look around you, be tender and compassionate, and remember the times you were in a famine; share with those who have less than you at this time. For one day you may be in a position of famine again, and your kindness will be remembered; give thanks and be joyful no matter what season you are in! You are being molded into the person you were created to be.
Be content and thankful for what you have, no matter how great or little it may be.
Be still and know that you are loved no matter what you are going through; nothing can take away the love of God! So let it beam into your life; let it fill you; let it mold you; let it grow you; learn to be content no matter what you have, because, no matter what you have, you will always have the love of your Father.
Go into your kitchen and grab an empty cup. Now try and drink from it. Go on, share your empty cup with everyone near you. Are any of you satisfied? NO. How could you be?
We are surrounded by so much selfishness is this world that it has become hard to discern what is selfish from what is self-care.
It is not possible to be satisfied drinking from an empty cup. It is easy to figure out why. There simply isn’t anything inside an it.
Taking the time to care for yourself is actually a selfless act. Below I’ve listed a few simple things you can do for yourself to fill up your cup
- R and R. The value of a little R and R is substantial. Try to stay away from the kind that involves flipping through channels on the T.V. but in the event that that is all you can make the time for, take it, and make the best of it by staying away from shows full of drama. I enjoy simple things like watching the clouds pass by or the trees blowing in the breeze. Take out FB scrolling on your phone, and you’re bound to find peace and solace in a matter of minutes.
- Find time. Find time for the things that make you smile. Reading. Drawing. Walking. Doing your make-up. watching your favorite show. What have you. The important part of this step is to find something that lights you up! Something that just makes you feel happiness beaming from within you! Those are the somethings you must find time to do.😉
- Create a morning routine. Every morning for the last 4 years I wake up and open my Bible app by Youversion.com It is a part of my life. A part of my daily routine. The available plans span a number of topics. The plans I choose are appropriate for the things I’m going through in my life at that moment in time, and what this does is allow me to focus on Hope and positivity at the beginning of my day. Starting your day that way allows you to more easily continue your day that way. This may not be the exact type of thing you interested in doing but there are plenty of free positive affirmation apps and even free meditation apps they could easily achieved the same effect. The point is to start your day with positive affirmations, positive notes, positive reminders. When your mind is content and well your body tends to follow (as best as it can.)
- Forgive yourself. You know that thing you did a few years ago that you’re still beating yourself up about? Forgive yourself we are human and to err is human. We tend to be the hardest on ourselves by doing this we do not allow ourselves to heal. By not forgiving yourself, you are filling your cup with sour milk; and no one wants to drink sour milk.
- Treat yourself like someone you love. Be as kind and patient with yourself as you would with a dear friend. Treat yourself like somebody you love! We tend to hold ourselves to a higher standard than we hold other people we are much more likely to be kind to a stranger than we are to be kind to ourselves. If you don’t love yourself it’s sure going to be hard for anyone else to love you.
- Allow yourself to have feelings. Allow yourself to have feelings in a healthy way. Have the feeling, acknowledge it, and move on.
Caring for yourself is in and of itself caring for others. We can not give what we do not have to give. It is very difficult to have healthy relationships without first having a healthy relationship with yourself.